Sunday, September 18, 2011

What is the difference between a Smart Phone and a Blackberry?

Is a Blackberry just a version of a smart phone? I am getting a new phone in a couple of weeks and am trying to make a decision. I do a lot of text messaging and picture taking. I wouldn't mind a web browser so I can look stuff up on the go, and exchange emails.





Any suggestions?|||From wikipedia:


A smartphone is a mobile phone offering advanced capabilities beyond a typical mobile phone, often with PC-like functionality. There is no industry standard definition of a smartphone. For some, a smartphone is a phone that runs complete operating system software providing a standardized interface and platform for application developers. For others, a smartphone is simply a phone with advanced features like e-mail and Internet capabilities, and/or a full keyboard.





Translation:


A blackberry is without a doubt a smartphone as well as the touch phones or any other phone that has pda functions, can access the internet, email and text.





If you are looking for the features you mentioned then the blackberry fits the bill - you can message / take pictures with the models that have a camera such as BB Curve / it has a web browser / and you can set up your email to go to it I have two of my email accounts going to mine. I think you can set up three or four.


I personally would suggest the blackberry curve - that is the model I have and I am quite satisfied with it - I would give it a 9.5 out of 10. (the .5 comes from the fact that there is always room for improvement for anything). I have had mine for about 2 months without a problem.|||I would definitely say the Iphone. I have one, and have been nothing but impressed. Worth the money. Has internet browsing, should fill all your needs.|||the smart fone is a touch screen

No comments:

Post a Comment