Saturday, October 1, 2011

How is it possible to be smart but dumb at the same time?

There is a person that scored a 34 on the ACT and a really smart person. But, she doesn't know a thing about common sense.|||Sounds a bit like me. I do really well in school and so people just presume I know everything about everything. But the truth is I don't know alot of really simple things, like um... how to use a can opener properly?


I guess there's just different types of smart.|||welcome to the real world|||because thats book smart, street smart come from experience|||Seems like you have it figured out. Go on a trip with some professors. . .and it really is a trip.|||Welcome to my world. Basically, it's kind of like being book smart, but not street smart.|||I think you're getting 'smart' (or intelligence) mixed up with wisdom. The 34 on the ACT = very smart. No common sense = very little wisdom. A lot of younger people haven't had enough life experiences to have gained much wisdom yet (although some have).





That's my theory anyway.|||No one's perfect.


My cousin is the same way, can get A's on the hardest papers


with out even studying but can't plug things into the socket or


remeber to tie his shoes, or just forget things. He has no common


sense. But i still love him|||There's a difference between being knowledgable and knowing alot of information and actually knowing how to use it and having life experience.|||Yes you can be dumb and not know a single thing about your trade . But still be Smart because you have a amazing ability to deal with people and motivate them causing you to really be a genious|||OH yeh, sometimes your very smart!! But when your around other people you try to be funny or impress them so you act differently affecting the way you act/think.|||damn! he smart|||It's like being smart but you have no idea what a tool is to make your own repairs. Example. My brother is a VP in a company, I am a tradesman out in the field, two different people. He is smart, book smart... but I am Intelligent, visual smart. Some people see things in a different way. My Fiancees son has never studied or has done homework in his entire life, and carries a 3.8 average in college. He was smarter than his 3 - 8th grade teachers, go figure, but when it comes down to mechanical things, he calls me. So, is it possible to be smart and dumb at the same time, I say YES!|||i agree with Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment