Saturday, October 1, 2011

How do I get a smart phone WITHOUT data plan?

I already have a family plan with Verizon (my parents pay for it). I either want a HTC Touch Pro or a Samsung Saga BUT they're listed as smartphones. Last time I asked about smart phones to the Verizon people, they said I HAD to get a data plan with it. How can I get them not to add that on BUT be able to use the phone?|||There's is no way around it.





Those are all listed as "smart phones" they need a data plan in order the features for ALL it's features to work properly.





That's why they are $300 retail price more than your regular handset -





You can always pay for the data plan for the first month ($30 a month which by the way cheapest I have seen) and then not pay - But then the question is would the phone work AT ALL?





It's like buying a nice ride with half a engine - You're only going to get so far until it breaks down.|||i was told you do not have to get a data plan but if you do not on a smart phone you will only get like 50% of the use of the phone|||I am not 100% sure about this but I heard if you call the vzw call center to upgrade your phone you can get it without the data plan. |||you can buy a unlocked phone and use that with any plan, but the unlocked HTC touch pro is like $700, i dont know how much the other phone is

No comments:

Post a Comment