Saturday, October 1, 2011

How can i get rid of Smart mice?

these things are smart! they go around snap traps, balance on the edges of sticky traps, avoid box traps and won't eat poison bait.


i feel like the guy's in the movie Mouse hunt, everything i've tried they either go around or over without triggering it/falling in.


how can i get these little vermin?|||A smart cat|||Unless your problem is in a restaurant, there is no better fighter of mice then cats. Two young cats, but not babies, and not adults. You need them at the full playing stage. Because at that age there is nothing that they won't chase, and nothing that they can't catch. Moreover, cats are entertaining as heck. Give it a try, get them from the pound, that way, if i doesn't work out for you (which there is no reason why it shouldn't) you can take them back, and they will already have had their shots, and been neutered.








Good Luck|||I breed smart mice, for my smart snake. One day, the momma chewed their way to freedom. So I had 5 juveniles and 1 momma running in the apartment. We found momma first. She was relaxing on my son's pillow. She was easy, since she knows people bring food. lol. But those other 5 were brats. We do have cats, and they caught 3 of the stupider ones. (And left them on my son's pillow or near his bed). The last 2, I am most proud of. We got the snap traps and baited them with peanut butter. I caught 1 in a half hour. Then reset the trap with more pb. Half hour later, I hear it go off. So I check it. The mouse has set off the trap and left an ob tampon in the trap. ( I do have a pic of this somewhere). And he ate all the peanut butter. So the next time, I put a chocolate chip on the peanut butter. He got one of my sons short pencils stuck in it that time. The last and third time, I used a dab of pb and a bit of an oreo cookie. Got him with that. Now, since I still have mice, about once a week, I smear pb on the side of the cage for them to lick off. I figure if they get loose, they'll go to the pb and I won't have much of a problem.


With this smart mouse, you just need to try different baits. My mice don't like cheese, go figure, but yours may. Just try different things on a dab of pb.|||Mouse traps are the best way.





I bait them with peanut butter and the strong smell draws them to it. The mice I had were stealing my cat's cat food and storing it in my muffin tins in the bottom drawer of my stove. Usually caught the mice within half an hour after setting the traps.

No comments:

Post a Comment